Saturday, December 22, 2012

TechTalk - Deleting Instagram Account

One of the reasons I really loved Instagram is because it is an alternative.  

I don't like Facebook - I really don't like Facebook.  
I should have known that Instagram would change as soon as it was purchased by Facebook.

No, I am not worried about privacy.  I write a public blog.
What I do not like is companies thinking they can do whatever they want.
(believe me when I say - I'm quite stubborn)

Anywho - how to delete your account.

There are various guides out there on how to delete your Facebook.
One thing that is surprising is that you cannot delete your account from your application - you must use a web based browser - on your mobile or on your computer.

Head to instagram.com - if you want to store your photos that you have posted 
CLICK HERE for Instaport - a way to retrieve your Instagram photos



First, head to edit profile - then on the lower right - click on "I'd like to delete my account."



Tell Instagram - why you hate their guts!

Enter your password and "Permanently deactivate your account!"

VOILA!

I have deleted my Instagram account.  

Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: