Saturday, February 18, 2012

Blogging Schmlogging

 ha ha... I know, slackeroneous.

Dominican Republic...
So what's going on?  Well I'll be blogging about my short holidaycation to Dominican Republic, it was an amazing experience, in addition I gained a new travel buddy - something that is harder to find than a $100 bill on the street!  Quick funny story... Alright, well I'm use to being stared at when I travel, whether its Guatemala, here in Florida or Dominican Republic - yes I am quite different.  Well, this time, I really got stared at... A LOT.  In Caberete (Dominican Republic), we were hanging out by the pool, and there was a lady who asked where I was from.  I just said "Hawaii" - trying to explain where I was born and all my moving around wasn't really in my mental capacity at this point.  She asked me if it was typical for guys to dye their hair... and I said, sure, I'm a surfer, we dye our hair.  Then she said, oh ok, here in Republica Dominican - only women dye their hair.  o.O

Florida...
Alright, well living here in Florida has been pretty cool so far.
I pretty much got all the packages I mailed to myself, with the exception of my Xbox and my video games.I think I'm settling in quite well, haven't really met other people for new friends but I'm not too worried about that - all in due time.  Ok, besides getting back into shape - yes the day after my vacation, I ran 7 miles this morning, I've also had opportunities to explore St. Petersburg.

I've already been to the Dali museum (WOW!), watched Flamenco Dancers, went to the local bar - Georgie's, various other restaurants - such as O'Maddy's Bar and Grille in Gulfport, Gratzzie's Ristorante, Olive Garden, Ikea (lol), Cassis American Brasserie, Babylos Cafe (Lebanese food)

Valentine's Day...
Special thanks to Maura Shannon and Michelle Morales!  Thanks for my Valentine's Day card... I feel SOOOO special! :]

I'll be definitely writing a lot more... Big hugs to all of you!

Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: