Wednesday, July 06, 2011

ima wo ikiru - extreme edition part deux...

Prepping...
Sometimes people don't realize how hard life is for travellers, there are many things to consider on a daily basis... budget, weather, food, bills from home, what to do, etc...

Today was one of those days... after waking up and having breakfast with a newly found friend (see yesterday's blog - we went canyoning together), I went back to the hotel room and watched Friends in Spanish... because the weather wasn´t cooperating... after a couple of hours, around noon, I decided that I was going to just go jump off a perfectly good bridge... why? part boredom and i've been actually wanting to do it... so I had to walk 3 blocks to the bridge and luckily there was no other people wanting to jump off this perfectly good working bridge... so i was next...
Ummm... do what?

yes, the views were spectacular and the weird part is, I wasn't even that nervous... Instructions were given to me in Spanish, to which I nodded yes, which I normally do even if I have no idea what is going on... then, when i stood on the podium looking down to what felt like eternity and the sudden chill of the winds from the mountain taunting me and sending chills down my spine at the same time, I heard the the countdown... 1, 2 (which of course you know what 3 means)

The ride was short, yet exhilarating, jumping to what felt like liberation and release of all my inhibitions, to be suddenly yanked and swung like a pendulum under the enormous bridge.  I almost wished that the freefall lasted longer, to the point where you doubt your safety... but that's just me and my weird personal opinion...

Cheeeee hoooooo!!!
After this stressful adventure, I had lunch with my friend... we stuffed our faces over a 3 course meal and drinks included for $2.50... then I had to decide which massage package to get!! ugggggghhhh.  I originally opted for the whole sha-bang, but ended up with a massage, facial and some iodine foot treatment...

Then, I had to go shopping! I bought a shirt of Baños (which I can´t believe I didn´t pack many shirts)... and also headgear to keep myself warm... once I go treking through Guatemala...   Then of course, dinner, and more packing for my trip...
Don´t drop me!

It has been a short, but uber fun 2.5 (3 according to the hotel) days in Baños (check out my twitter to see pics of the hotel)... (where the keyboard I am using has a dedicated ñ key - ooooohh) now about to take an overnight train with my new friendfrom Baños to Guayaquil...

I you've read this far, don't forget to follow on the right ---> you may need to scroll up a bit...


Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: