Wednesday, May 05, 2010

My New Cell Phone & Cell Phone Company

 I was really apprehensive about switching to another carrier, since I've had AT&T the past 4 years, but the monthly bill, reception wasn't cutting it anymore.  I've been following Boost Mobile for a while now and after the recent releases of the Blackberry 8330 and the Sanyo Juno, it was time to make the plunge.

I decided to the Sanyo Juno.  A midrange phone known for its messaging capabilities.  I am super happy with this phone, it even has push email (with POP3 accounts).  The emails aren't in HTML, but its enough to check important information, I wouldn't recommend writing long emails on the phone.  The best part of the phone is the ease of texting, there's even a dedicated TEXT button.

Reception and battery life is great.  I haven't charged my phone in 24 hours and I still have 3/4 bars.  Reception is much better as well, I can clearly hear without having to strain.

The best part is my monthly bill is $50.00 + tax (which you can pay pre-pay online or buy the Boost Cards at a local retailer - great for gifts!!)

My recent bill with AT&T was over $60+, which was only for 450 minutes and 1500 texts.  Not only do I have unlimited minutes, unlimited text and push emails.

This cell phone does have some CONS: don't expect much from the camera.  Actually, that was the only CON.

Sorry to all my AT&T friends, but it was time to move on...

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: