Monday, June 09, 2008

Weekend, iPhone, TV

WEEKEND
This past weekend was so awesome! Saturday, I went surfing to try out my new board and yes, "I Love IT!" So worth the extra hassle. :) The south shore had swells coming in, so since it has been about 3 weeks since I went surfing last, I got tossed around a bit, but hey it was all good fun. After surfing and relaxing on the beach, it was the 92nd Annual King Kamehameha Celebration Floral Parade. Pretty cool stuff! Later, I saw "La Misma Luna" at the $1 theater and its really good. The movie reminds me of the Filipino struggle and the American Dream.

From the Parade...
Photobucket
Photobucket

On Sunday, I was just on a roll. I woke up, made breakfast, then went to Kapiolani Park and ran. After running and walking a lap on the park to relax and cool down, I went surfing. Yup, the swells were huge and I caught some awesome waves. The last wave was so huge, when it broke it was going so fast, I had to squat really low and spread my arms out. If my board had been any shorter or narrower, I would have been doing some 360s underwater. The wave broke and the whitewash was a little slow, so I moved up on the board about 6" from the tip. The wave had reformed and caught some steam. Needless to say, its my biggest, fastest, longest wave ever. After that, I became a beach bum for a good 4 hours, then I had to move my van because there was another parade going on. I left directly to Kahala Mall, the Apple Store to be exact. I made an appointment because for some reason, my address book was not syncing properly with my .mac account. 10 minutes later, and a couple of clicks and such, the mac genius had fixed the problem! Super Awesome! Then I bought a clear blue noseguard for my board, and headed back to the car. Well, I haven't been doing Bikram as religiously as I used to. The fact that the Hawaii Kai location cut off the 4:30 class really isn't helping the fact, so yes on Sunday I went to Bikram Yoga at the Kaimuki location at 4:30. After that, I was basically dead. I drove home, emptied my van. I had clothes from running, wet board shorts and towel from surfing, soak filled towels from bikram. I did laundry, made some dinner, and pretty much passed out.

Pics from the Apple Store (taken on the iMac)
Photobucket
Photobucket

iPhone
I am super stoked about the new iPhone coming out and for multiple reasons. The new model of the iPhone will now have 3G capabilities, flush headjack (so you can use any headsets you would like), tons of awesome 3rd party applications, its slightly thinner, comes with GPS, and yes Enterprise support (push email being the popular one), contacts search, iWork document support, the capability to view PowerPoint attachments, bulk move and delete, a scientific calculator in landscape mode. NOT ONLY THAT. I have a .mac account, which will soon be renamed mobile me. Now wouldn't it be cool if you added a contact on your cell phone that it would instantaneously update your address book in your computer, or how about if you added an event on your computer that it would immediately appear on your cell phone. Well mobileme is just that. Push email? Every smart phone pretty much has it now, but syncing your phone with your computer wirelessly? OMG! Yes, I am super stoked! Well, another person is also super stoke! My sister, Len-Len, on 7/11 when the new iPhone comes out, she will be receiving my current iPhone, which the warranty (since I purchased the extended coverage) is covered until June 29, 2010). Since most people that reading this are mac owners, you can appreciate what Apple, their genius bar, and their warranties can do for you. If they can't fix it, they will replace it, and if its a model that no longer exists, you will get the new model. (lol, not a hint for Len-Len to throw it around) Wow, its really late. Dang... all this iPhone talk got me all excited! I know a lot of phones do a lot of things, but hey, I have over 120GB of media on my iTunes. Its nice to have my music, videos, movies, podcasts around. I heart Apple!

TV
Now that its summer, I rarely watch TV, but dang there are no shows to watch. No ANTM, Top Chef is almost over, Project Runway is no where to be seen. House is done. Arrgghh! I want my 30 rock! The Avatar! 1 more season of Battlestar Galactica. I swear if it wasn't for re-runs of The Golden Girls and America's Best Dance Group, and The Soup, and The Colbert Report, and The Daily Show... Well, I guess I have enough to tide me over until next season

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: