Thursday, June 12, 2008

King Kamehameha Day

King Kamehameha Day
Yesterday was King Kamehameha Day and yes its a State Holiday. After yoga (see below), I went into work from 9:00-12:30, the phone must have rang twice, and only received 2 pertinent emails. I wish every Wednesday, could be a 1/2 day, it just really breaks up the work week and makes it go way smoother! I went to the beach yesterday and wanted to go surfing, but it was sort of flat, plus with the holiday, and summer (not to mention windy), there were so many people out there fighting for junk waves. Basically, I was just cruising at the beach until 5pm, then grab a snack at Ono Cheese Steakhouse, then went sailing (for free, it helps to know the right people). Pretty cool stuff. We were out in the water from 6pm-7:30pm, and the sun was barely setting when we came in. Then off to Shabu Shabu for dinner! Great place to eat! Its Japanese/Korean and you basically boil your food. Its normally a winter thing, but here in Hawaii its ono all year round (like we really have winter). As if that wasn't enough food, we went to my favorite dessert place, Satura Cake, and I had a Kona-Misu cake and a large earl grey tea. Yes, I was falling asleep on the way home, but hey, today, I woke up well rested, and off to make some breakfast and to work at 9AM!

Shabu Shabu - Youtube (Amateur video, he overcooks the meat)


Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: