Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sorry, Drivers License, Desktop and GI BILL

SORRY
Photobucket


DL
I didn't realize my drivers license expired this year so I rushed to the City Hall on the 21st. Fortunately, its walking distance and they're open on Saturdays at 8AM. I love this Satellite City Hall (if that's possible), because no one really goes there, and actually I was 2nd in line. If you went to the Ala Moana branch, yeah you'll be waiting for sometime. Well, needless to say it was windy, and I didn't really look at myself in the mirror. Yeah. My drivers license is crazy looking. See for yourself. Yes, I am 140 pounds (cough). lol
Photobucket

DESKTOP
You know sometimes you're having a bad day at work. What do you do? Take a deep breath, click show desktop and yeah it helps that I have this picture on high resolution on my 17" monitor at work. Let me know if you want the full size image, its 3,219kb of complete yummy, delicious goodness.Photobucket

GI BILL
Wow! I am super excited about the changes in the GI BILL system. Now the current benefits is basically if you signed up for the MGIB, you will get roughly $1300 a month for the time you are in school assuming you signed up for the top-up program as well. Starting August 1, 2009, since I served 18-24 months after 9-11, I will have 70% of my tuition paid and not only that, $1000 for books yearly, and a monthly stipend totaling E-5 pay with dependents! OMG! That is like $2100++/month here in Hawaii! So yeah, granted my younger sister will probably graduate before me, but hey, at least I'll be able to go to school full time and not worry about $$$.
Photobucket

PS. If you have gMail, you can log on with your gMail account and leave a comment.

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: