Tuesday, October 09, 2012

SpainTalk - Getting adjusted

Yikes!  I haven't posted in ages!  Well, that will be changing pretty soon... We're finally (FINALLY) going to have internet installed in the house as of tomorrow night, so yes, expect some phone calls from me this weekend, I haven't talked, chat, or emailed with you guys in forever!!

Ok, pretty soon (promise), I'll be sharing pictures of my flat and roommates and such.  I realized that I haven't posted any pictures of food, so today, I'll just be posting some pictures that I have taken of things I have eaten.  As most of you know, I'm pretty hyper, but the coffee here is really good and its so cheap (only 1 Euro - note to self - figure out how to put the Euro dollar sign!!)

Yesterday was my first day of teaching and it was so much fun!  Considering I haven't worked since 2010, I was surprisingly NOT nervous, everyone has been super friendly.  

So, main topic - adjustments.
1) Working until 2200 - you guys know this is my bedtime back home, now I normally sleep at midnight.
2) Eating! Everything here has potatoes.  I've been eating a lot of seafood.  Meat here is really expensive.  Though honestly, I think I might buy a pound of meat an make 1 big burger (with bacon) YUM.
3) Laundry, I should probably post a whole section on domestic changes (I probably will since I'll be talking about my flat).  There is no dryer in my apartment, yes - my mantees are hung out to dry along with rest of my clothes.
4) Shopping, since I don't have access to eBay.com, amazon.com, 1saleaday.com, justdeals.com, bestbuy.com, walmart.com and many other various online retailers, I will probably be saving a large sum of money - for those of you who have lived with me, you know I normally receive at least 10 packages a week.

Sorry so short, I have 2 more classes this evening, and yes, today I finish working at 2200.  






Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: