Monday, January 10, 2011

reunited...


most kids don’t have to recall the first time they met their parents.
Dad and me.

for me, the situation is slightly different.  

i don’t recall my father... this is the first picture i have of us. taken august 2004.

sooo... why is this our first picture?

well long story short, parents divorced when i was very young, shortly thereafter i moved to the philippines to live with my mother’s family.

fast forward 2 decades later... i decided to look for him... ha, as most of you know once i decide to do something... its gonna get done..  it took a while, but after a couple of months, i received a letter that would change my life, it was my dad... included in his letter was a copy of my birth certificate...

meeting was a little bit of logistical problem, but i decided that our first meeting should be short, i had a trip planned to vancouver with eddie who was residing in san diego at the time...

the plan was i layover in LAX, meet with dad, eddie drove from SAN to LAX and we’d fly to YVR.  
i recall standing out at LAX with my carryon luggage waiting for this man to show up.  i didn’t have a picture of him, but i had his mobile number.

meeting my dad has answered many questions... we’re very similar in a lot of ways...

he is very happy go lucky... good at fixing this, and loves to laugh.

i haven’t had the opportunity to say this often...

love you dad. 


Mahalo for reading. 


Until next time.

No comments: