Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Check Engine Light...

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT...

My check engine light came on... so what do I do?

Take my car to the mechanic? Oh hells no!

I bought a OBD2 car reader, which was $50 on Amazon.  LINK HERE!!

Yes, instead of taking my car to the mechanic and having them charge me $75+ just to plug this in and get some codes, then go online to translate the codes...

I'll pass, the whole process took me just 4 minutes.

First you have to know where to plug this in, so just google it! Car make + OBD2, it'll tell you exactly where to plug it in.

Second, take down the codes, I would wait to reset it until your mechanic gives you the clear.

Next, don't be fooled by subscription places when you try to translate your codes!!

Go to http://www.obdii.com

Just answer a few questions and voila! You'll know if its super serious or something dumb.

PS. If you're not sure, call a mechanic friend and make sure you're not going to die by driving your car.

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: