Thursday, August 12, 2010

Reading is dead... I think NOT!

With technology evolving and the digital medium taking over the world and accessible everywhere, I am glad that books have evolved as well.

Today where local Blockbuster stores are closing because everyone streams or get their fix via mail, the book medium is along for the ride.

I remember a couple of years ago where I could get lost in Borders and wonder where the last 4 hours has gone.  I don't think I've been to a book store this year other than to meet other students for studying.


This past month has rekindled (get it?) one of my hobbies.  Reading.

I can't even count how many travel books I've read or mystery novels (Sue Grafton style).

Now that books are available at the palm of my hand like movies, I've read 5 books in the past 3 weeks.  I was planning to read school books, but there will be a time for that.

I am debating on buying some of my school books online, but the page numbers would be completely off if I needed to cite.   HMMMMM...

The great thing about Amazon's Kindle is you don't need a Kindle to read books, you can read on your smart phone, on your computer, on your iPad.


They also have the technology called Whispersync, so you can read from your iPad, close the application, then open the book on your PC or Mac and it'll start off where you left off.

Not to mention the price, most eBooks are cheaper than their physical counterparts.

Me - A summer bookworm? Who would have thought?

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: