Friday, September 11, 2009

Taking My Time - Vanilla Wafers

TAKING MY TIME - VANILLA WAFERS

Aloha all,

Every week; hopefully more often, I will try to slow down life and enjoy one special thing we take for granted.

After class, I had 45 minutes to kill until the bus arrived, so I decided to stop by the vending machine. Besides your usual chocolate and chips, were multiple packs of vanilla wafers for $.85.

As I opened my package and walked towards my bus stop, I took a small bite of the first wafer. Crunchy, sweet and delicate. With a pep in my step, I greeted everyone along my path. Upon arriving at the bus stop, I had an idea; I took a wafer and removed the first layer, ate it like a rabbit would a carrot; at least as seen on tv. Unlink the first layer (which lacked icing, the 2nd layer, had double icing, double delicious!

After eating the rest of the wafers in that manner, I realized life is good.

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: